Jamie Lithgow, Craig Wilson and Brian Damage
In ‘This Week in Wrestling’ Jamie shares what wrestling taught him this week and Brian shares with us the best wrestling related images and videos he’s come across this week.
All that and more in this edition of ‘This Week in Wrestling‘.
“Let Me Tell You Something Mean Gene…”
- Erick Rowan – the weird dude with the sheep mask, dirty boiler suit and giant beard – not only has a Twitter account, but tweets during Raw. WTF?!
- X-Pac digs The Ascension’s theme song
- The mystery of how to install the WWE App on a smartphone continues…
- Roman Reigns wearing his old clothes and not speaking is far more effective than the alternative
- Being insulted and assaulted by a group of middle-aged men is a sure fire way to establish a new, powerhouse tag team
- “It’s business time”…. aww yeah…
- WWE’s build for the Royal Rumble match – old men standing up, and not standing up, from a row of stools
- Konor should really leave the talking to Viktor
- The Big Show’s use of the phrase “washed up has-beens” was rather bold, considering…
- A heel breaking kayfabe to console a crying fan. What has happened to pro wrestling???
Goldust Responds to Retirement Rumours
And channels his inner Warren Zevon…
Spoiler Alert! Well not really…but….it was announced this past week that Wrestlemania 32 will be in Dallas Texas at the spacious AT&T Stadium. Here is what the Wrestlemania 32 logo will look like…
Here’s a random pic of Matt Striker with the “Demon’s favorite son”…Kane’s real life step daughter Devan at a WWE event in 2011. The two were dating at the time….
Meanwhile in Japanese wrestling…..FMW to be more exact…pro wrestling in a pool and pro wrestling at sea…
This past week…Will Ferrell was trending on social media for a skit he did at a New Orleans Pelicans game when he three a basketball at the face of a cheerleader. Well, fret not…the cheerleader was none other than actress/pro wrestler Taryn Terrell who is a New Orleans native…she was okay.
Move over Jim Ross…..former TNA and current ROH wrestler ODB has gotten into the grilling sauce business herself.
I love seeing pro wrestlers in mainstream projects. Even if those mainstream projects are overseas in other places like the United Kingdom. Here is the man known as Billy Gunn in a commercial for a UK Chocolate drink…
Here’s another much older commercial with the Iron Sheik being a pitchman for Toyota…and yes…that is Mean Gene Okerlund doing the voiceovers…
Next Week in Wrestling
Tomorrow we share our Royal Rumble predictions, there’s more Wrestling with Sin and we look at the career of Brian Adams.
‘This Week in Wrestling’ columns can be read here.