Jamie Lithgow and Brian Damage
In ‘This Week in Wrestling’ Jamie shares what wrestling taught him this week and Brian shares with us the best wrestling related images and videos he’s come across this week.
All that and more in this edition of ‘This Week in Wrestling‘.
“Hold On A Minute Playa…”
- Why do the WWE announce team keep trying to tell us that The Ascension have only faced jobbers and that The Outlaws was their first test? They cleanly defeated The Miz and Mizdow just a few weeks ago on Raw.
- Was Bray Wyatt’s big open challenge to the entire locker room really answered by Zack Ryder?
- Prior to last Sunday, the last time Roman Reigns was in the same ring as The Rock the ‘Electrifying One’ was on the wrong end of beating from The Shield.
- We should have known that a battle royal started by R-Truth and The Miz wouldn’t live up to expectations.
- If Rusev is going to be jobbed out to John Cena before Wrestlemania then who is going to win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal?!
- Adverts promoting the encore presentations of the Royal Rumble on Sky Box Office – which cost £14.95 – probably weren’t best placed during a show broadcasting the top two matches for free
- I bet the whopping two and half minutes Dolph Ziggler spent in the rumble made coming back to work worth while
This is the oldest known footage of a professional wrestling match on film. It is from 1920 in Madison Square Garden…Earl Caddock Vs. Joe Stetcher. There is other footage of greco wrestling from 1913…but that was more legit shoot fighting.
Would’ve loved if Jay Lethal channeled Black Machismo for this commercial…
This was taken after the Royal Rumble this past Sunday…
My guess…Ryback will be jobbing to Zack Ryder in a week or so…
The many looks of the Undertaker….
Next Week in Wrestling
Tomorrow we share our thoughts on the fallout from the Royal Rumble fallout, there’s more Wrestling with Sin and we take a look at several now defunct titles in the WWE.
‘This Week in Wrestling’ columns can be read here.