Jamie Lithgow, Craig Wilson & Brian Damage
In ‘This Week in Wrestling’ Jamie shares what wrestling taught him this week, Craig chats Fastlane and Brian shares with us the best wrestling related images and videos he’s come across this week.
All that and more in this edition of This Week in Wrestling…
“What Wrestling Taught Us This Week…”
- Baseball bats > sledgehammers
- WWE business meetings are conducted standing up, and pants are optional
- Comedy jobbers from the late 80’s/early 90’s and zero time WWE Tag Team Champions, The Bushwackers, are going into the Hall of Fame…
- Premier act of the late 80’s/early 90’s and three time WWE Tag Team Champions, Demolition, are not
- Paul Heyman has a gambling problem
- AJ Lee doesn’t value her job particularly highly
- …So Sting, the old WCW guy, is the good guy opposing WWE’s Triple H… in a feud playing out on WWE television?
- So that’s what Ryback would like as a Turtle…
- In a world where John Cena is granted endless title shots, WWE would do well not to mention that former champions are supposed to join the end of the queue
- Curtis Axel has a long way to go; Owen Hart was never actually eliminated from the 1998 Rumble match…
Why Fastlane Exceeded Expectations
In my predictions last week – which I, predictably got mostly wrong – I did express interest in the show. I thought throughout the card there were matches that would be, at worst, entertaining and at best stand-out encounters. Even the divas match, for me, got pass marks.
Overall I’d probably give the show 3 out of 5. Which is a better score than I would give this year’s Royal Rumble.
The main event was the best of the night, though. Not quite a four stars match but not far away from it. What is a certainty is that it was without question Reigns’ strongest singles match.
It was also the match that showed Vince McMahon’s faith in the former Shield star. He could have pulled the rug from under Reigns and opted for the fan favourite Daniel Bryan but kept faith with the man that won this year’s Royal Rumble.
Elsewhere, I thought the tag title bout was also rather good as were the IC and US title matches with the latter two showing there’s plenty of distance and life left in those feuds.
There is absolutely NO truth to the rumors about Vince Russo joining Lucha Underground…..Umm…turn away, there is NOTHING to see here…;)
If you don’t think pro wrestling means anything special in Memphis, Tennessee…you would be sorely mistaken. This is a mural of classic Memphis wrestling that stands at a local brewery in the city of Memphis.
Here’s a little sneak peek at Batista in the new upcoming James Bond movie entitled…”Spectre.”
If you’re wondering what happened to former WWE star ‘Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman…wonder no more….He seems to be doing okay for himself.
I think this is what Triple H was referring to when he said if his daughter Googled Chyna’s name…as a reason she would probably not go into the WWE Hall of Fame…
‘This Week in Wrestling’ columns can be read here.