Jamie Lithgow & Brian Damage
In ‘This Week in Wrestling’ Jamie shares what wrestling taught him this week and Brian shares with us the best wrestling related images and videos he’s come across this week.
All that and more in this edition of This Week in Wrestling…
“Hold On A Minute Playa…”
- If Damien Sandow has now split from The Miz, then why is he still calling himself Mizdow?
- Brock Lesnar was scheduled to be on the ‘Today Show’ before Seth Rollins cashed in. Erm, so Roman Reigns was never going to be WWE Champion then?
- Piledrivers; absolutely not. Almost piledrivers; perfectly okay
- John Cena’s image of Johnny Cash is drastically different to everyone else’s
- Am I the only one confused as to why Rennie Young was not deployed to the Raw announce desk on Monday? She even interviewed Stephanie McMahon directly after Lesnar had destroyed the announce team
- Surely Bad News Barrett and Rusev should be first in line for their respective title matches?
- In the WWE Universe foreigners don’t have first names. They do on Twitter though… doh!
- If WWE do not like the terms “belt” or “strap” to describe their titles then why not replace them with objects not resembling belts or straps?
- Having had an STF correctly applied on him, John Cena still refuses to not make his version of the hold look shit
- With that beard Bo Dallas looks a lot like someone…
No Chance in Hell
So, Byron Saxton; you’re inexperienced, you’ve never called a live TV match out with WWE Network before and you’ve never called a match on your own before. How about you get out there and announce the second half of Raw!
But remember, you’re not allowed to talk about actual wrestling and you’ll need to pretend that you are still in shock over Brock Lesnar’s actions. Oh, and we’ve booked Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler to appease our die-hard wrestling fans. Good luck!
We can say what we want about Michael Cole the announcer….and Lord knows we all have. One thing is for sure, the man is a tireless worker who does every major show for the WWE broadcasts including pay per views, Raw and Smackdown. It was the F5 he took from Brock Lesnar this past Monday however, that made me really respect him. It’s one thing to take a bump for a guy like Triple H…it’s an entirely different scenario with a guy like Brock Lesnar and I applaud him for doing so…
So the word from last Saturday’s WWE Hall of Fame ceremony is that Scott Steiner was banned from attending because of an alleged incident with Hulk Hogan’s wife. This pic was taken of the security desk at the event…as if Steiner wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb.
Speaking of the Hall of Fame….
Future WWE Hall of Famer “Vacant” even showed up to the ceremony. Vacant has held every single title in the WWE at one point or another.
Dolph Ziggler stealing the show at Kent University…
Now that Brock Lesnar is “suspended” from the WWE…perhaps he can try his hand at the NFL again. Here’s a look at Lesnar’s brief but epic NFL career…
‘This Week in Wrestling’ columns can be read here.