Jamie Lithgow & Brian Damage
In ‘This Week in Wrestling’ Jamie shares what wrestling taught him this week and Brian shares with us the best wrestling related images he’s come across this week.
All that and more in this edition of This Week in Wrestling…
“Hold On A Minute Playa…”
- Don’t worry Randy, you can still use the ‘Diamond Cutter’ at Extreme Rules
- Power in WWE looks like a La-Z-Boy
- A human body denting a car is less impressive when you consider that car bodies are designed to crumple on impact
- Why didn’t Kane just get himself counted out?
- Muscle heavy John Cena is only 5lbs heavier than a very lean Wade Barrett
- This week on Raw; the loudly booed US Champion issues another open challenge and defeats the plucky hometown hero. John Cena: what a heel!
- “Do wins and losses mean nothing around here?” Naomi pointing out one of WWE’s flaws to its audience
- The Ascension; why did WWE even bother?
- The Tag Titles; why do WWE even bother?
- How to start a pre-taped show; “Raw is LIVE from London!”
- The only kids clothing available at WWE live events in Europe is John Cena merchandise…
- John Cena is the top merchandise seller in WWE. Hmmm…
- How not to build anticipation for a Divas match; have the champion state that she and her closest ally have defeated both potential challengers in the recent past. Then have a commentator point out that both potential challengers have also defeated both of them. Build two weeks of TV and a PPV match out of that!
Long before he conquered Vince McMahon and the WWF for 80 plus weeks in the Monday Night Wars…Eric Bischoff was an aspiring model. Here is a young ‘Easy E’ modeling for the catalog for the discount store chain…Target.
Some people are too stupid for the internet…
Anybody got old WWF action figures laying around? They could be worth a small fortune. Take for example this figure of “Boxcar Willie” aka Greg Valentine from his 1991 run as one half of the tag team ‘Rhythm and Blues’ with the Honkytonk Man. Word has it, the dolls were made then scrapped once the team broke up. Somebody recently put this rare doll up for auction and it went for about $15,000 bucks! Not bad for a toy…
Back in 1998, the Superstation TBS aired a series of short parody films called Monkey-ed Movies. The short movies parodied movies that TBS was airing during that time. Some included Braveheart, Jaws, James Bond and The Godfather. Since these were TBS exclusives…of course WCW was parodied as well…
I know a lot of people have been critical of Eva Maria the past couple of years and deservedly so. She seemingly was given the spotlight with TV time due to her looks. This video though has started to make me appreciate Eva a little bit. She is training with the ultra talented Brian Kendrick to improve her craft. I don’t know if she’ll be on the level of other WWE Divas like AJ Lee or Paige…but at least she is putting in the effort…
‘This Week in Wrestling’ columns can be read here.