Jamie Lithgow & Brian Damage
In ‘This Week in Wrestling’ Jamie shares what Raw taught him this week and Brian has all the week’s best viral content. All that and much much more in the latest edition of This Week in Wrestling…
“Let Me Tell You Something Brother…”
- Got tickets to WWE Raw? Worried about another long and pointless Authority promo at the start of the show? Don’t worry, there’s ways and means…
- Xavier Woods goes through a table; is written off TV for two weeks. Roman Reigns has Hell in a Cell match; wrestles twice the next night without any mention of injuries or fatigue
- Meanwhile, in the WWE Universe; a recently engaged man is now referred to as a “playboy”
- If Hell in a Cell featured the “emergence of the next generation” then why was it headlined by a 50 year old man?
- Bray Wyatt can now take souls? Shang Tsung, is that you…?
- Hold on, should Brock Lesnar not have featured in the number contender’s tournament? Also, why was The Undertaker not included in the loser’s six man tag?!
- The key to getting Roman Reigns over; keep him wrestling. Fans cheer for him after matches, occasionally during but not before.
- In a week where WWE truly delivered, the match of the week can still be found NXT. Chad Gable & Jason Jordan vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa was superb.
Bubba Ray Dudley aka the ex Bully Ray in TNA taking a not so little jab at his ex employers. I guess he’d rather be a Bubba than a Bully.
Here’s something pretty cool….every single Intercontinental champion…in video game character form.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you…”The New Face of Fear.”
We’ve all heard of Shakespeare in the Park…but have you heard of Shakespeare in the ring?!? It is something called a Renaissance Rumble and it is basically wrestling with a Shakespearean twist to it. For more info check out their website…http://www.renaissancerumble.com/
WWE ring announcer Lilian Garcia taking bumps…
Just to show you how little WCW regarded their luchadors and cruiserweights…take a look at this old WCW production sheet. At the top is a match between Damian 666 and Hector Garza and Tony Schiavone is instructed to sell the nWo Wolfpac instead of the actual match.
All previous ‘This Week in Wrestling’ columns can be read here.